What is VET TEC?
VET TEC stands for: Veteran Employment Through Technology Education Courses.
It covers tuition for a full-time, high-tech training program. The VET TEC program is offered through the Veterans Administration (VA) and it covers training for technology jobs without consuming Veterans’ GI Bill® benefits. Learn more on the VA website.
If you’re a Veteran interested in a career in tech, using VET TEC funding could be a life-changing avenue to explore.
How the VET TEC Program Can Help You Launch a New Career in Tech
As you think about what’s best for you, and where you want to go next in your life and career, consider the many benefits of pursuing a career in technology:
- Opportunities to earn a competitive salary
- Using cutting-edge technology on challenging projects
- Continuous learning, staying up-to-date on tech trends and tools
- Being part of a team making a difference
Interested in Coding? Use VET TEC Funding for Our Programs
Designed to bolster a new future for Veterans in software engineering, these programs are approved to receive reimbursement through the VET TEC program.
19 Weeks, Online, for Veterans
Beginner Full-Time Coding Bootcamp
In just 19 weeks, you’ll go from total beginner to job-ready full-stack software engineer.
“[The coding bootcamp] undoubtedly prepared me for a better-paying career than I would have been able to get after discharge on my own. It completely changed my life by giving me the resources to really step ahead in life and build a future for myself. I’ve since recommended it to other Veterans.”
Are You Eligible for VET TEC?
VET TEC covers tuition for a full-time, high-tech training program, along with funding for housing during the training. It does not count against GI Bill ® entitlement.
You may be eligible for VET TEC VA Benefits if you meet ALL of these requirements.
- You aren’t on active duty or are WITHIN 180 DAYS OF SEPARATING FROM ACTIVE DUTY (some exceptions may apply)
- You qualify for VA education assistance under the GI Bill ®
- You have at least one day of unexpired GI Bill ® entitlement
- You’re accepted into a program by a VA-approved training provider
- You have not used VET TEC in the last 18 months
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about Education Benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.
How to Apply for VET TEC Program Funding
If you have never applied for VA Education Benefits, you must complete an application (VA Form 22-1990) online.
To use your VA Education Benefits at Galvanize, you must complete an application for VET TEC (VA Form 22-0994).
Applications are processed within 30 days.
Have questions about the VET TEC program?
For your specific VA Education Benefits eligibility and entitlement information, see our FAQs below, and contact the VA through their Education Website or by calling the Veterans Benefits Administration Education Call Center at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551).
For help determining which questions need to be directed to the VA, contact a Galvanize VA Certifying Official at email@example.com.
VET TEC & VA Benefits FAQs
Explore a few FAQs – and don’t hesitate to reach out with any further questions. These answers are updated regularly as VA regulations change.
For help determining which questions need to be directed to the VA, contact a Galvanize VA Certifying Official at firstname.lastname@example.org
You must email email@example.com stating you have been in attendance to verify your continued enrollment.
This must be done no earlier than the last day of the month. In other words, it can be late but not early.
For Galvanize to certify your enrollment, you must meet all requirements outlined in the Student Responsibilities for using VA Benefits.
Galvanize will certify your enrollment 30 days prior to the first day of your cohort per VA regulations.
Galvanize will invoice the VA for your total cost of attendance, depending on which program you’re enrolled in.
As a VET TEC Preferred Provider, the VA pays Galvanize:
- 25% of your tuition at attendance,
- 25% of your tuition at graduation, and
- 50% of your tuition when you are placed in meaningful employment.
Your attendance on your first class day will trigger your tuition payment schedule and the 18-month rule.
If you do not find meaningful employment within 180 days of graduation, Galvanize must refund the first 50% of your tuition payment.
Meaningful employment is defined as:
- Traditional employment in a career that fits within the program of study’s focus.
- Contract employment that is full-time and six months or longer that fits within the program of study’s focus.
- Promotion in the student Veteran’s current career if the student Veteran is currently employed in a career that fits within the program of study’s focus.
- Self-Employment if the student Veteran is owning/operating a business and is utilizing the skills from the program of study they were in.
- Get more information about VET TEC funding on the VA website
- Visit the VA Education Benefits homepage
- Call the VA Education Call Center at 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551)
- Reach out to our Galvanize Veterans Benefits experts at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the VA’s VET TEC Team at VETTEC.VBABUF@va.gov
The GI Bill ® regulations do not allow non-college degree (NCD) programs such as Galvanize to offer distance learning; thus, Galvanize cannot accept any GI Bill ® entitlement. Our programs are eligible for VET TEC, which provides the same benefits and can be used for distance learning at an NCD.