Containers Lunch and Learn
Wednesday, 1:00pm - 2:30pm PST
Galvanize San Francisco SOMA
44 Tehama Street
San Francisco, 94105
Do you want to learn about Containers (Microservices), what it is, how it works and what are its benefits? Join us for a delicious lunch and an introduction to Containers (Microservices) from Andy and Anthony. The session is geared toward developers but anyone interested in this space is welcome to attend. In this casual session you will learn:
- What is a Container (Microservice), how it works and what are its benefits?
- Explain the 12-factors app, a modern methodology for building software-as-a-service apps, and how to get there
- What transitions are needed to get from monolithic architecture to micro-services app using Containers (Microservices)
- The Docker build command, demonstrating the Docker repo and images
- How to use Cloud Foundry (Bluemix) "cf" command to push and run a container
This is a great event if you want to learn about Containers (Microservices) and its benefits in the real world.