We Train You. They Hire You.
Cognizant, a leader in digital engineering, is offering a paid 6-week specialized train-to-hire program for qualified candidates through Galvanize. Successful completion of this training program will guarantee a full time, benefited position with Cognizant!
Quality Training for Qualified Candidates
We’re seeking individuals with Java experience looking to level up and take their next career step in Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta, or Charlotte.
Cognizant — which was recognized on lists such as Forbes' 2019 Best Large Employers, Fortune’s 2018 Fortune 500, World’s Most Admired Companies, Barron's Most Sustainable Companies, and America's Best Management Consulting Firms — offers a unique work and learning environment with competitive employee benefits. Note: This is not a beginner's course! If you are interested in learning how to code, please check out our other programs such as Software Engineering Immersive or Premium Prep.
We're looking for:
- 1-5+ years of Java experience
- Design Patterns
- Exposure to Agile
- Debugging Skills
- A desire to work on pair programming and learn the Agile best practices that technology leaders are using today
- Enthusiasm about accelerating your career as a software engineer
You can expect:
- Project-based learning for 6 weeks to enhance your skills in Java, full stack development, XP, pair programming, and Agile development methodologies
- Becoming technically fluent with a great understanding of Cloud platforms
- Becoming comfortable with ambiguity and moving forward with little information
- Learning how to be a collaborative partner with designers and engineers
- Being able to judge your success on the success of the team and happiness of clients
- Being ready to grow and take your career to the next level
Application and Acceptance Process
Fill out the Application
This is your chance to show your passion for upskilling your tech career and your interest in an opportunity with Cognizant.
Schedule and complete a phone interview, where you’ll discuss your analytical, communication, and leadership skills as well as experience and interest in the role.
Survey and Assessments
Complete the online technical survey and assessments, which benchmarks your skills with SQL, Java and Spring Endpoints.
Acceptance & Training
If you complete the first three steps and get accepted, you’ll advance to the six weeks of specialized training and begin a new career at Cognizant!