In this Learn to Code workshop, you’ll learn the essentials of HTML, the basic building blocks of all web development. This course is designed for absolute beginners and goes relatively deeper into the mechanics of HTML than ever before.
What You’ll Learn:
• The foundations of HTML (structure, elements, tags, implementation)
• More advanced uses of HTML (img, nav, importing links, maybe even HTML5 if we have time)
How to Prepare:
– Bring your laptop, fully charged (bring your charger just in case)
– Install the Atom text editor if you don’t have a text editor. Go here: https://atom.io/
– Install Google Chrome (any browser will do, but Chrome can do some cool things): https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
Meet Your Instructor:
Lee Ngo is an evangelist for Galvanize based in Seattle. Previously he worked for UP Global (now Techstars) and founded his own ed-tech company in Pittsburgh, PA. Lee believes in learning by doing, engaging and sharing, and he teaches code through a combination of visual communication, teamwork, and project-oriented learning.
Galvanize is the premiere dynamic learning community for technology. With campuses located in booming technology sectors throughout the country, Galvanize provides a community for each the following:
Education – part-time and full-time training in web development, data science, and data engineering
Workspace – whether you’re a freelancer, startup, or established business, we provide beautiful spaces with a community dedicated to support your company’s growth
Networking – events in the tech industry happen constantly in our campuses, ranging from popular Meetups to multi-day international conferences
To learn more, visit us at galvanize.com.