In this Learn to Code meetup, you’ll learn the essentials of Git, the most common version control tool that millions of coders use while developing for the web. You will also learn how to use Github, a popular Git-based repository to host your projects online.
What You’ll Learn:
• How to create and work in a local repository
• How to work remotely using GitHub (push and pull)
• How to fork, clone, merge and delete and branch repositories
How to Prepare:
– Bring your laptop, fully charged (bring your charger just in case)
– Install Git: http://git-scm.com/downloads
– Install GitHub Desktop: https://desktop.github.com/
– Install the Atom text editor if you don’t have a text editor. Go here: https://atom.io/
– Install Google Chrome (any browser will do, but Chrome can do some cool things): https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
None, but it would be helpful to have previously completed our HTML and CSS workshops.
Meet Your Instructor:
Delmer Reed is Galvanize New York’s Web Development Instructor. Originally from San Francisco, Delmer believes in learning by doing, engaging and sharing, and he teaches code through a combination of visual communication, teamwork, and project-oriented learning. He is best known for being the other half of popular duo, Kel & Del.