Dinner & Drinks provided. Enter building from the Nueces St. side
In this Learn to Code workshop, you’ll learn the essentials of Git, the most common version control tool that millions of coders use while developing for the web. We will also learn how to use Github, a popular Git-based repository to host your projects online.
What You’ll Learn:
• How to create and work in a local repository
• How to work remotely using GitHub (push and pull)
• How to fork, clone, merge, and delete and branch repositories
How to Prepare:
– Bring your laptop, fully charged (bring your charger just in case)
– Install Git: http://git-scm.com/downloads
– Install GitHub Desktop: https://desktop.github.com/
– Install the Atom text editor if you don’t have a text editor. Go here: https://atom.io/
– Install Google Chrome (any browser will do, but Chrome can do some cool things): https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
None, but it would be helpful to have previously completed our HTML and CSS workshops.
Galvanize is an education company that blends the lines between learning and working. We believe in creating easy access for anyone who has the drive and determination to jump into the tech world, especially in entrepreneurship, engineering, and data science. Our campuses are home to students, startups, investors, mentors, and other people who are engaged and excited to level up their skills. To learn more about Galvanize, visit galvanize.com.