Loyalty, Data & Games
About this workshop:
What is your favorite video game? Why are you so addicted to it? The same principles that drive your current game addiction can be applied to driving loyalty to a product, a goal, a brand. Join this fun lunch workshop to understand how you can motivate deep loyalty by infusing gaming and data mining techniques to attract and excite new and existing customers.
Your instructor, Margaret Mitchell, will deliver practical takeaways that startup founders, designers, product managers, and engineers can start using immediately to better leverage their existing assets to increase customer engagement.
- The three key principles that drive loyalty.
- How to get access to customer data from social media without having to go to the expense of creating your own big data environment.
- What is gamification and three practical steps to implement gamification into your products and services. Using real world examples.
- And get hands on practice with user experience techniques to implement gamification goals.
- Tech founders who want to understand how to drive deep loyalty for their products/services.
- Web designers who want to understand how to access data useful for enabling gamification techniques on digital assets.
- Marketing managers who want to find out about what is gamification and how it can be used to drive loyalty to products and services.
- Visual designers who want to learn methods for adding gamification into their design approach to keep customers engaged.
- Software developers who want to learn techniques for accessing customer data to build better insights into their digital products.
- Introduction to Loyalty, Data and Games (20 minutes)
- Exercise on how to apply gamification techniques to a goal (20 minutes)
- Practical steps for accessing data for gamification (10 minutes)
- Question and Answers (10 minutes)
Meet Your Instructor:
Margaret Mitchell is a classically trained software engineer with over 30 years’ experience in developing IT solutions with a focus on data and digital. Her interest and experience in gamification developed as she was bootstrapping a loyalty startup within a large corporation. Currently she is involved in helping startups create sustainable competitive advantage by helping them develop practical technology roadmaps their tech grows as their company grows. She holds a Master of International Management from the Thunderbird School of Global Management and a B.S. in Computer Science Engineering from Montana State University.