What is a Front-End Developer?
Front-end developers shape the entire user experience on a website. They are responsible for the layout, style, and features on a web page.
- Shape the user experience on a website
- Knowledge of common design principles–typography, 2D design, color theory, and illustration design.
- Have an understanding of the DOM – Document Object Model
- Provide website maintenance
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Have the ability to adapt and to learn new languages and programs
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders
Fitting in the Full Stack
“We design the curriculum around teaching students how to solve problems,” said Zach Klabunde, Galvanize Web Development instructor. “We encourage students to learn a new technology that hasn’t been covered in the program and design applications around it. This sets students up for learning a new technology on their own and in their next career.”
Stay tuned. Next, we’ll go behind the scenes with the back-end.
Contributions by Zach Klabunde, Galvanize Web Development Instructor.
Want more web developer tutorials and content? Subscribe to our web development newsletter.